CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWith their children grown and flown, Mike and Jo Hannan discover that it's never too late to live the dream and embark on an epic tour of Europe and beyond on a 1150cc BMW motorbike called 'Elephant'. With a limited budget, and all the essentials packed, they hit the road. Journeying through sunshine and rain, over good roads and bad, they explore France, Spain, North Africa, Russia and other former Soviet countries, Mongolia and Korea, taking in all kinds of sights and meeting all kinds of people. Along the way they also learn the difference between a tourist and a voyageur, and come to understand the deep universal significance of their journey. This book is a record of that journey, and your ticket to ride with the Hannans for the adventure, sharing the observations and reflections, tasting the fine local food and drink (and a few dishes that were t so fine!), and experiencing all the delightful surprises and unforeseen obstacles such as mechanical faults, visa problems, and very nasty weather! An unforgettable journey that will leave you thirsting to live your own dream.
- Author BiographyMike Hannan was born in mid-western NSW and educated in Sydney. He was conscripted in 1970 and remained in the Army after his National Service rising to become one of only eight ex-conscripts to achieve star rank. His military career was punctuated with periods of work in other industries. He managed a professional football team, worked for the United Nations in Syria and Israel and managed companies that manufacture ceramic armour and plastics. Mike came to public attention during the Australian involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan as the media face of the Defence Force. He understands media and promotion and is a polished media performer. He has been a key-note speaker at many conferences. Mike has a degree in Business and a Masters degree in Business Administration. Mike and Jo have been married for more than 35 years and have two adult children.
- Author(s)Mike Hannan
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationFrenchs Forest, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers
- Out-of-print date22/09/2015
- Content Note1000 full colour photographs
- Weight567 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.