About this product
- DescriptionAs Rachel watched, the seal broke and the envelope magically opened. A card slipped out and hung in the air in the light of the Realm key. The print on the card was fancy, and she squinted to make out the words: Official Invitation to the Celebration of Gratitude and Joy Horing the return of Wellspring And the Courage of the Six Princesses of the Realm In the Village of the Meadow Folk On the last day of the Feast Cycle The invitation seemed harmless eugh. And it was much too tempting for Rachel and her friends to resist. A celebration feast in their hor - what could possibly go wrong? Unfortunately for the girls, just about everything. The Emerald Dragon is the second book in the Creative Girls Enchanted Adventures series, an exciting new fantasy series by Jan Fields (Annie's Publishing, May 2015, Ages 7-10). 11-year-old Rachel and her friends were shocked to learn they are the long awaited princesses of a magical world called the Realm, each possessing special powers tied to their unique creative talents. They haven't quite mastered those newfound powers yet, and sometimes that lands them in a bit of trouble.The girls have been invited back to the Realm for a celebration, during which they must exchange a hand-made gift with a representative from each of their kingdoms. Kaida brings a dazzling, stitched picture of a dragon to present to her people, never expecting it to come to life and breathe fire! But one touch from Rachel once they enter the Realm makes its scaly wings flutter, and it escapes the picture. The dragon quickly grows to monstrous proportions and kidnaps Kaida, whisking her away to his lair. Her friends must make the dangerous journey through the Guarded Forest, across the perilous Living Waters filled with magical sea creatures, and to the treacherous Mountains of the Frozen Sky to save her. The spunky and creative group of heroines in this engaging adventure will appeal to middle-grade readers, especially those who enjoy crafts and fantasy tales.
- Author BiographyJan Fields has penned more than 20 children's books, including the Adventures in Extreme Reading series. She lives in Ledyard, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Jan Fields
- PublisherAnnie's Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationTX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Needlecraft Shop, LLC
- Weight104 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.