Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.71
- AU $34.49Trending at AU $39.00
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.12
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $25.14
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.95
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.37
About this product
- DescriptionIn two decades of psychiatry practice, John R. Sharp has worked with many people who experienced the same emotional distresses at specific times of the year-a young woman who became depressed before Thanksgiving, a middle-aged man who felt anxious about making his summer travel plans, people who made uncharacteristically extreme decisions as spring approached.In The Emotional Calendar, Sharp reveals how environmental, psychological, and cultural forces profoundly affect the way we feel, and how the enduring effects of personal anniversaries can influence our moods and behavior year after year. Sharp also illustrates a wide range of individual responses to cultural phemena: some people feel anxious at the start of a new school year or are undone by the prospect of tax season while others are buoyed by the start of a sports season.Sharp shows us how to recognize the milestones on our own emotional calendars, providing guidance for how to break stifling patterns and remedy destructive moods. This empathetic and deeply resonant book will help listeners reach an emotional balance for the years ahead.
- Author BiographyJohn R. Sharp, M.D., is a psychiatrist and neuropsychiatrist who serves on the medical staff at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. He is on the faculty at Harvard Medical School and at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and he divides his time between Boston and Los Angeles. Arthur Morey has recorded over one hundred audiobooks, winning AudioFile Earphones and Best Voice Awards, as well as an Audie nomination. He has performed fiction by John Updike, John Irving, Richard Russo, Julie Orringer, and Jack Vance. Nonfiction titles include The Informant, Unlikely Allies, Citizens of London, and Munich 1938. Arthur attended Harvard University and the University of Chicago and has performed Off-Broadway, Off-Loop, and in Italy. He taught writing at Northwestern University for ten years and also works as an editor and ghostwriter.
- Author(s)John Butman,John R. Sharp
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Arthur Morey
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time480
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.