All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDebbie Dawski weighed in at more than 300 pounds. Years of trying every diet program imaginable left her feeling exhausted, miserable, and hopeless. By realizing the connections between food and emotions, she learned to overcome her food addiction. Now, The Emotional Eater's Book of Inspiration offers the tips that helped her lose more than 160 pounds -- and keep them off for the past seventeen years. One of the biggest hurdles to weight loss and continued success in food-addiction recovery is denial. The Emotional Eater's Book of Inspiration helps you confront your own fat lies by providing 90 essential truths, such as: * You won't lose one ounce of weight by talking about it. * Dieting is t a competitive sport. * Cleaning your plate will t feed one starving child. * Free foods are too expensive. Touching on common challenges faced by everyone who's wrestled with emotional eating and food addiction, Debbie Dawski empowers you to manage your emotional connections to food, giving you the tools to achieve long-term success.
- Author BiographyDebbie Danowski, Ph.D., is a nationally renowned expert on weight loss. A pioneer in the food addictions field, she is the author of Why Can't I Stop Eating?, Locked Up For Eating Too Much, and The Overeater's Journal. For over twenty years, she has worked as a freelance writer, her articles appearing in First For Women, Woman's Day, and Seventeen, among other publications. A member of the International Advisory Board of the Food Addiction Institute, she currently holds an associate professorship at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut. Danowksi lives in Connecticut.
- Author(s)Debbie Danowski
- PublisherMarlowe & Co
- Date of Publication22/11/2006
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarlowe & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight214 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- figjam3005 Mar, 2014by
Every little bit of wisdom, helps!
...have had a long journey trying to find ways to heal hurts of the past & present, so i always substitute something for another distraction, & i have made it 'overeating' this time.... i decided on this purchase(book)because i needed to see if its honest look at reasons why i do this can help me,... as my health, social life & my self-esteem is at its lowest ebb, i know i have to change the way i cope with emotional pain, hence my choosing this little guide to assist me. I admire its integrity and valuable insight, thank you... and i would definitely buy it again if i needed to, and gift it to others in need of love & healing.
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35