All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
About this product
- DescriptionLike his father before him, Octavio runs the Notre-Dame bakery and kws the secret recipe for the perfect Parisian baguette. But, also like his father, Octavio has never mastered the art of reading and his only kwledge of the world beyond the bakery door comes from his own imagination. Just a few streets away, Isabeau works out of sight in the basement of the Louvre, trying to forget her disfigured beauty by losing herself in the paintings she restores and the stories she reads. The two might never have met, but for a curious chain of coincidences involving an impoverished painter, a jaded bookseller, and a book of fairytales, lost and found...Evocative, romantic, and wise, this is a magical vel about the power of stories - to help us find enchantment, freedom, and sometimes even love.
- Author BiographyCS RICHARDSON's first novel, The End of the Alphabet, was an international bestseller published in fourteen countries and eleven languages. Winner of the Commonwealth Writers Prize for Best First Book (Canada & the Caribbean), it was named to four Best of the Year lists and was adapted for radio drama by BBC's Radio 3. Richardson is also an accomplished and award-winning book designer. He lives and works in Toronto, Canada.
- PrizesLong-listed for Scotiabank Giller Prize 2012.
- Author(s)C. S. Richardson,C.S. Richardson
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPortobello Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date25/07/2015
- Weight329 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.