All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe influence of the Roman Empire has been widespread and profound, perhaps more so than that of any other empire or civilization. Rome laid the foundation for many of the institutions and ideas in the modern Western world, including the common political and legal systems. Roman ruins can still be found in distant England, and Roman aqueducts still bring fresh drinking water to modern Rome. Other legacies of the Roman Empire include concrete, pizza, sports arenas, and many English words. Empire of Ancient Rome, Revised Edition opens with a brief summary of the Roman Empire and provides an account of the world and geographic area in the years leading up to the empire. In an easy-to-follow format, this volume covers the growth of Rome as a republic, the political and social forces that drove the transition to a dictatorship of Caesars, the reasons for Rome's eventual decline, and what happened to the remnants of the empire.
- Author BiographyMichael Burgan has written more than 200 books including Buddhist Faith in America for Chelsea House, Cold War, and Colonial and Revolutionary Times. He has also written biographies of former secretary of state Madeleine Albright, astronaut John Glenn, various U.S. presidents, and several scientists and explorers.
- Author(s)Michael Burgan
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleGreat Empires of the Past
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour photographs & illustrations, maps, sidebars, chronology, bibliography, further resources, glossary, index
- Weight522 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.