All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the nine captivating stories that make up The Empty Family, Colm Toibin delineates with a tender and unique sensibility lives of unspoken or unconscious longing, of individuals, often willingly, cast adrift from their history. From the young Pakistani immigrant who seeks some kind of permanence in a strange town to the Irish woman reluctantly returning to Dublin and discovering a city that refuses to ackwledge her long absence, each of Toibin's stories manages to contain whole worlds: stories of fleeing the past and returning home, of family threads lost and ultimately regained.
- Author BiographyColm Toibin has twice been shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize for The Blackwater Lightship (1999) and The Master (2004). The Master won The International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award in 2006. His most recent novel Brooklyn (2009), won the Costa Novel Award.
- Author(s)Colm Toibin
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPicador Australia
- Weight184 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.92
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.