Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionA chilling ghost story from award-winning velist, Ann Pilling. Sam, Floss, and their foster brother, Magnus, spend their holidays with cousin M. at The Abbey. On their first night, Magnus hears a woman crying and when he goes to investigate he discovers that the sixteenth-century portrait of Lady Alice Neale, hung in the Great Hall, is w just an empty frame. Magnus shares his secret with the others and soon they are drawn into a web of family mystery and murder. Ann Pilling has written a mystery vel of subtle twist and movement; fascinating historical detail entwined with a familial story which will tug at the heart-strings.
- Author BiographyAnn Pilling was brought up in Warrington, Cheshire and many of her books are set in the industrial North West. After reading English at London University, she taught in Buckinghamshire (the setting for The Empty Frame), then spent some of her time in America before returning to England and settling eventually in Oxford. She is married with two sons. Whenever possible, Ann retreats to the Yorkshire Dales which she calls 'the country of my heart' . She loves animals and Arthur, the family cat, has a starring role in The Empty Frame.
- Author(s)Ann Pilling
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/02/2002
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width198 mm
- Height129 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Reading Age9-11
- Interest AgeFrom 9 To 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.