All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApocalyptism has been broadly defined as the belief that God has revealed the imminent end of the ongoing struggle between good and evil throughout history. It has been a major element in the three motheistic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam and extensive scholarship has been devoted to apocalyptic study during the latter half of the 20th century. With contributions from 42 scholars, this encyclopedia in three volumes provides a comprehensive survey of apocalypticism's role in Western history from its origins down to the eve of the third millennium.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Collins is Holmes Professor of Old Testament Criticism and Interpretation at Yale University Divinity School. Bernard McGinn is the Naomi Shenstone Donnelly Professor Historical Theology and the History of Christianity at the University of Chicago Divinity School. Stephen J. Stein teaches Religious Studis at Indiana University.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleThe encyclopedia of apocalypticism
- Series Part/Volume NumberVol 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight820 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byBernard McGinn,John J. Collins,Stephen J. Stein,etc.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.