The Encyclopedia of Novels into Film by James M. Welsh, John C. Tibbetts (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.13+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely revised and updated, The Encyclopedia of Novels into Film, Second Edition provides a comprehensive, in-depth look at more than 300 American and foreign vels and their film adaptations. Edited and written by two rewned film scholars, with contributions from more than 70 top experts in the field, this engaging reference explores both the popular and lesser-kwn films that have come to define this genre. Covering both American and foreign films, each of the more than 300 illuminating entries provides an overview of the literary source and a critical assessment of its various film adaptations. This edition includes more than 30 all-new entries and numerous updates to cover new adaptations, as well as many new photographs. Providing an in-depth look at how books are selected for the silver screen, The Encyclopedia of Novels into Film, Second Edition is a fascinating study for anyone interested in film and literature.
- Author BiographyTogether, John C. Tibbetts and James M. Welsh have authored The Encyclopedia of Stage Plays into Film and The Encyclopedia of Filmmakers, both for Facts On File. John C. Tibbetts is an associate professor of theater and film at the University of Kansas. He is the author of His Majesty, The American and is editor of Introduction to Photoplay and The American Theatrical Film. He has published more than 200 articles on the arts and has worked for CBS Television, the Christian Science Monitor, and The Voice of America as a television and radio broadcaster. James M. Welsh is a professor of English at Salisbury University, MD, and the current editor of Literature/Film Quarterly. He is founder and president of the Literature and Film Association and has worked in television. His previous works include a book on the films of Abel Gance and numerous articles for Film Comment and Films in Review.
- Author(s)James M. Welsh,John C. Tibbetts
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication31/08/2005
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Note26 illustrations, 125+b&w photos, index, bibliog , cross-references
- Weight1415 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.