Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe compelling story of a loving relationship challenged by addiction and codependency and how the protagonists deal with their respective problems which test the strength of their love. Maggie and Liam have the best marriage possible...both are successful in their career paths...they enjoy sharing common interests and challenges. They live in New York City, have a social life others dream of and cherish the joy derived from sharing their home with others. Happiness is a sure thing for this magic couple. Maggie, an accomplished news documentary writer, has reached a stage in her life in which she has just about disappeared. Prior to fading into her current state, she enjoyed participating in life to it's fullest. She married Liam Conlly, a powerhouse in the IT world, and the future of this dynamic couple, was written in gold. After several years of marriage, the upbeat lifestyle of Maggie and Liam brings out a fondness for alcohol in Liam which progresses rapidly. Maggie does whatever she can to cover for him: makes excuses to his clients and quickly corrects whatever problems arise. She works hard to keep their life stable. She becomes the perfect little enabler. As the marriage continues to erode, anger on both sides becomes difficult to control. Verbal abuse turns violently physical one night forcing Maggie to leave her husband. Liam becomes embittered at his wife's departure and continues on his path of self-destruction with work, friends and life to speak of. Their journey together takes a significant hit, changing both their lives forever.
- Author BiographyFormer Radio and Television Producer/Director Lauren K. Grant began her notable career with the National Broadcast Company and stayed with them for over 27 years. Her final role with NBC was as Director of Broadcast Operations for their coverage of the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul for which she won an Emmy Award. After leaving NBC she managed a local radio station and started her own consulting company. To conclude her eclectic career, she has turned to writing and The End Is the Beginning which is a novel covering love and marriage; alcohol addiction and codependency; survival and resiliency. When not writing or doing volunteer work, she works part-time at a small library on the North Fork of Long Island where she lives with her husband and their dog Gracie, who they adopted from the local animal shelter.
- Author(s)Lauren K Grant
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.