Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUncover the truth behind our food addiction - and learn how to break the cycle Many of us find ourselves powerless in front of a bag of crisps, a packet of biscuits, the last slice of pizza. Why is it that we simply can't say ? In The End of Overeating David Kessler, the man who took on the tobacco industry, exposes how modern food manufacturers have hijacked the brains of millions by turning our meals into perfectly engineered portions of fat, salt and sugar, turning us into addicts in the process. The result is a ticking time-bomb of growing obesity, heart conditions and a mass of health problems around the globe. Examining why we're so often powerless in the face of such food, Kessler reveals how our appetites have been and are increasingly hijacked by hyper-palatable foods that encourage us to keep eating - all the time. With a special focus on the growing problems in the UK and Europe, Kessler lays out a clear plan and vital tools for reclaiming control over our cravings.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Kessler, MD, served as commissioner of the United States Food and Drug Administration. He is a paediatrician and has been the dean of the medical schools at Yale and the University of California, San Francisco. Under his direction, the FDA announced a number of new programs, including the following: the regulation of the marketing and sale of tobacco products to children; nutrition labelling for food and preventive controls to improve food safety. The recipient of many honours for his work in public health, in April 2008 Dr Kessler was named the '2008 National Hero' by the School of Public Health at the University of California, Berkeley 'for his leadership as the nation's top drug regulator and his courage in challenging the US tobacco industry'.
- Author(s)David Kessler
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight258 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Most relevant reviews
- cane02xx3406 Oct, 2016by
The most practical book on our diet and its effect on health -- shame on Scamy gouging food companies -- JW
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.