All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA number of authoritarian governments, drawn to the ecomic power of capitalism but wary of uncontrolled free markets, have invented something new: state capitalism. In this system, governments use markets to create wealth that can be directed as political officials see fit. As an expert on the intersection between ecomics and politics, Ian Bremmer is uniquely qualified to illustrate the rise of state capitalism and its long-term threat to the global ecomy. The main characters in this story are the men who rule China, Russia, and the Arab monarchies of the Persian Gulf, but their successes are attracting imitators across much of the developing world. This guide to the next big trend includes useful insights for investors, business leaders, policymakers, and anyone else who wants to understand major emerging changes in international politics and the global ecomy.
- Author BiographyIan Bremmer is the president and founder of the Eurasia Group, the leading global political risk research and consulting firm. He created Wall Street's first global political risk index (GPRI) and founded the World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council on Geopolitical Risk. As global research professor at New York University he focuses on global macro political trends and emerging markets. His books include Every Nation for Itself and The End of the Free Market.
- Author(s)Ian Bremmer
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight212 g
- Width143 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.