All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Smith, at the US embassy in Cambodia, has an urgent assignment: do what it takes to help a US oil company secure its contract with the Cambodian government before upcoming elections strengthen a Chinese competitor. His affair with Zainab, the British charge's wife, complicates events. Unaware of Smith's role, Zainab pushes hard for reform, convincing her candidate to tie oil concessions to clean government, and Chinese concessions to the release of a dissident monk. The ruling party works for the monk's release, but insists that Zainab, a Buddhist herself, travels to the remote rthern border for the handover. Smith considers a British diplomat's spouse to be a protected species in Cambodia. But does she really qualify? With tension, moral complexity and an authentic feel for modern Cambodia, The End of the Monsoon is a gripping story of love and the struggle for integrity.
- Author BiographyAfter a four-year enlistment in the US Air Force, John Lathrop attended university in Los Angeles, and then spent time in the southern Philippines in the US Peace Corps. This was followed by almost a decade and a half in the Middle East, primarily Saudi Arabia. He is the author of The Desert Contract and recently spent several months in Phnom Penh, researching The End of the Monsoon.
- Author(s)John Lathrop
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.