All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreslau in the 1920s is haunt of marquises and merchants, gamblers and gutter-rats. Eberhard Mock, the hardened Criminal Councillor, fits right in as he sways from the basements of grubby casis to his beautiful young wife in their palatial mansion. But his beautiful young wife is feeling neglected. A series of sinister murders linked by the dates of past crimes has taken Mock out of the bedroom and into the archives. While Mock ransacks the city for clues, driven mad by the killer's tantalizing tes, his wife is seeking attention elsewhere. Engaging in perverted games with her less-than-incent girlfriends, Mock's wife is being seduced by a mysterious sect which preaches the imminent end of the world.
- Author BiographyMarek Krajewski is a lecturer in Classical Studies in the University of Wroclaw. His Eberhard Mock novels have enjoyed massive success in Europe and have been rewarded with Poland's premier literary and crime novel prizes, including winning the Polityka's Passport Award in 2005. Danusia Stok is the author/editor of Kieslowski on Kieslowski and a translator of modern Polish literature.
- PrizesWinner of Nagroda Wielkiego Kalibru (High Calibre Award) 2001.
- Author(s)Marek Krajewski
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacLehose Press
- Weight220 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byDanusia Stok
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.