All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe Endocannabiidome: The World of Endocannabiids and Related Mediators is dedicated to the latest research and studies on endocannabiids and cannabiid receptors to illustrate their important role in the discovery of new, endocannabiid-related, lipid mediators. Written by leading experts across different disciplines, this book focuses on the biochemical and anlayticial aspects of vel lipid signals, their pharmacological activities and their potential utilization for the development of new and effective therapeutic strategies. The first book of its kind, The Endocannabiidome is a meaningful reference for all those involved in experimental efforts to further the development of this field.
- Author BiographyDr. Di Marzo has been invited to over 100 International conferences, including a plenary lecture at the Seventh International Conference on Eicosanoids and Other Bioactive Lipids in Cancer and Inflammation, in Nashville in October 2001, the Opening Lecture at the School of Neuroscience, held in Catania, July, 2003, a plenary lecture at the Italian Academy of Sciences (Academia Nazionale dei Lincei), in Rome, November 2004, a key note lecture at the 2nd Conference on Non-Mammalian Eicosanoids, Berlin, May 2006, plenary lectures at the 2nd and 3rd Gordon Conference on Cannabinoid function in the brain, Switzerland, 2007 and USA, 2009, a plenary lecture at the XIX National Meeting on Medicinal Chemistry in Verona, September 2008, and a plenary lecture at the 2012 International Conference of PAIN (IASP) held in Milan, August 28. He has been Co-chair at the 4th Gordon Conference on Cannabinoid function in the brain , Les Diablerets, Switzerland, May 2011. Jenny W. Wang obtained a BS from Peking University in China, a MS from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) in the USA, and a Ph.D. from the University of Aberdeen in the UK. Dr. Wang's professional discipline includes biochemistry, molecular/cellular biology, and pharmacology with experience in anti-cancer, potassium channel, retinoid, and eicosanoid research. She gained extensive knowledge on RNA, DNA, protein, lipid, and assay development while working at City of Hope, California Institute of Technology, Beckman Instruments and Allergan Inc. Dr. Wang is a researcher with a passion in drug discovery. She is currently a Research Investigator on the fatty acid amides program and the team leader on prostamides for hair growth at Allergan, California, USA, where she particularly focuses on eicosanoid research. Her major current therapeutic interests are inflammation and hair growth. In addition to her own research, Dr. Wang enjoys the interaction with academic collaborators and contract research organizations. Dr. Wang is an author of 30 peer-reviewed publications, an inventor on 34 patents (3 granted, 18 published, 13 pending), and has been invited speaker/session chairman at various scientific meetings.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJenny Wang,Vincenzo di Marzo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.