All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook addresses problems facing the engineer when preparing to build, both during the contract bidding phase and after a contract has been concluded. It offers clear guidelines for planning the resources and machinery on site, as well as the safe positioning of roads, cranes, storage and temporary buildings. Site planning activities are presented here in logical sequence, offering an efficient and safe design of the construction site and of the temporary works. The book describes the process of engineering preparation of on-site construction works in all phases of the construction life-cycle, from the design phase - preparing the financial plan and procurement scheme for the owner before tendering the contract; the tendering phase; and after bid completion. A list of procedures is presented for planning the construction site in order to simplify the engineer s work of site and temporary works planning. The Engineer s Manual of Construction Site Planning is for all those involved in the planning of construction sites, construction managers, construction engineers and quantity surveyors, as well as for students in civil engineering and construction.
- Author BiographyJuri Sutt is Professor of Construction Economics and Management at the Tallinn University of Technology with 50 years of experience in construction management as a practising manager, researcher, consultant and lecturer which has included designing the construction technology for large mines in Siberia, a gas trunk pipeline in Libya and managing a construction firm. Irene Lill, Head of Department of Building Production, Tallinn University of Technology graduated in Tallinn University of Technology as civil engineer. Olev Muursepp, Associated Professor, Tallinn University of Technology graduated Tallinn University of Technology as civil engineer.
- Author(s)Irene Lill,Juri Sutt,Olev Muursepp
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width171 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.