All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA stunning work of scholarship, the Norton Critical Edition of The English Bible, King James Version, is the most accessible edition available. These acclaimed volumes bring together succinct introductions to each biblical work, explanatory antations, and contextual and critical materials. Archaic words are explained, textual problems are lucidly discussed, and stylistic features of the original texts are highlighted. For the Old Testament, Herbert Marks gives readers without Hebrew an entry into the complexities of biblical literature, reconstructing its original contexts, tracing its evolution, and pointing out productive strategies for reading. For the New Testament and the Apocrypha, Gerald Hammond and Austin M. Busch provide historical and cultural background while illuminating the complexity of the original texts. Both volumes include timelines, chrologies, diagrams, and color maps.
- Author BiographyHerbert Marks is Professor of Comparative Literature at Indiana University, where he also directs the Institute for Biblical and Literary Studies and edits the monograph series Indiana Studies in Biblical Literature. He is the editor of the Norton Critical Edition of The English Bible, King James Version: The Old Testament. Gerald Hammond is Emeritus Professor of English at the University of Manchester. A Fellow of the British Academy, his many publications include The Making of the English Bible; Fleeting Things: English Poets and Poems, 1616- 1660; Sir Walter Raleigh's Selected Writings; and John Skelton's Selected Poems. He contributed the essay on English Bible translation to The Literary Guide to the Bible. Austin M. Busch is Associate Professor of Early World Literatures in the Department of English at the State University of New York College at Brockport. His articles have appeared in the Journal of Biblical Literature, Biblical Interpretation, and The Classical Journal, and he is a contributing author of Seneca and the Self (Cambridge University Press). He is an editor of the Norton Critical Edition of The English Bible, King James Version: The New Testament and The Apocrypha.
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight2430 g
- Width180 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine109 mm
- Edited byAustin Busch,Gerald Hammond,Herbert Marks
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.