All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngland's country houses have never been more popular with visitors. Most are packed with masterpieces of art and antiques, and they have vast landscaped gardens, often with lakes and fountains. They reflect all the splendor of England's glory years.This book looks at the different periods of large country houses from the mid 1500s up to 1914, explaining the changing architectural styles. He describes the different rooms within the main house and their changing roles over the centuries. There is a glossary of architectural terms, and a quick reference time chart listing country house architects and the table buildings they designed, with drawings of the period details that help to date them.
- Author BiographyTrevor Yorke is the author of numerous related books including British Architectural Styles 1500-1950, English Churches Explained and Georgian & Regency Houses Explained.
- Author(s)Trevor Yorke
- PublisherCountryside Books
- Date of Publication14/05/2012
- Series TitleEngland's Living History
- Place of PublicationBerks
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCountryside Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight295 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.