All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to study English Literature? Have can you navigate and get the most from your degree? The English Literature Companion is your comprehensive introduction to, and exploration of, the discipline of English and Literary Studies. It is your advisor on key decisions, and your one-stop reference source throughout the course. It combines: - A wide-ranging introduction to the nature, breadth and key components of the study of English Literature - Essays by experts in the field on key topics, periods and critical approaches - A glossary of critical terms and a chrology of literary history - Guidance about study skills, from using your time effectively to the practical mechanics of writing essays - Extensive signposting to wider reading and further sources of information - Advice on key decisions taken during a degree and on subsequent career direction and further study. Giving you the foundation and resources you need for success in English Literature, this book is essential pre-course reading and will be an invaluable reference resource throughout your degree.
- Author BiographyJULIAN WOLFREYS is Professor of Modern Literature and Culture at Loughborough University, UK. He was previously Professor in Literature at the University of Florida, USA. His teaching and research is concerned with 19th- and 20th-century British literary and cultural studies, literary theory, the poetics and politics of identity, and the idea of the city. He is the series editor of Transitions and his publications include Introducing Literary Theories (ed.), Readings: Acts of Close Reading in Literary Theory, Critical Keywords in Literary and Cultural Theory, Thinking Otherwise: Difference and Pedagogy and Literature, in Theory: Tropes, Subjectivities, Responses and Responsibilities.
- Author(s)Julian Wolfreys
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/12/2010
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePalgrave Student Companions Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight669 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.