All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProblem-solving techniques for all aspects of the English teacher's job This unique time-saving book is packed with tested techniques and materials to assist new and experienced English teachers with virtually every phase of their job from lesson planning to effective discipline techniques. The book includes 175 easy-to-understand strategies, lessons, checklists, and forms for effective classroom management and over 50 reproducible samples teachers can adopt immediately for planning, evaluation, or assignments. It is filled with creative and functional ideas for reading response activities, writing assignments, group and individual projects, and speeches. * Offers instructions for creating and implementing an effective classroom-wide behavior management program * Shows how to practice the art of teaching English effectively and reduce time on labor intensive tasks * Reveals how to work effectively with parents, colleagues, substitute teachers, administrators, and community resources The second edition includes coverage of techlogy in the classroom, advice for working with reluctant readers, a wealth of sample teaching units and more.
- Author BiographyMary Lou Brandvik, a former Teacher of the Year, has taught English in public schools and at the university level. In 1991 she received the Lila B. Wallace Teacher-Scholar Award from the National Endowment for the Humanities. Her previous books include Writing Process Activities Kit. Katherine S. McKnight, Ph.D. has been a literacy educator for over 20 years. A former high school English teacher, she is currently associate professor of secondary education at National-Louis University and a national consultant for National Council of Teachers of English. She is the author of The Teacher's Big Book of Graphic Organizers, also from Jossey-Bass.
- Author(s)Katherine S. McKnight,Mary Lou Brandvik
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJ-B Ed: Survival Guides
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight792 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Spiral bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.