All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's one thing to come up with a good business idea, and quite ather to marshal the people, money, and other resources entrepreneurs need to make the dream a successful reality. That's why most businesses fail within the first two years. The Entrepreneur's Guide to Successful Leadership helps budding moguls make it out of the toddler phase of entrepreneurship and into adolescence and adulthood with confidence. A concise and practical guide to leading smaller enterprises, the book is based on a proven, nine-step model of effective leadership developed by Dan Goldberg-the founder of the For Eyes optical chain-and entrepreneur and educator Don Martin. Step by step, readers learn what real leadership looks like and how to lead and grow the successful enterprise. Creating a vibrant business starts with understanding who you are, say the authors, and then coming up with a vision, mission, and strategy. That's the easy part. The hard part is to execute the strategy in line with your dreams, while using effective, ethical tactics to establish the business and prosper. Seasoned hands, the authors make that job easier, while helping entrepreneurs understand what makes employees tick and helping them become their productive best. The hard work t only gets easier, say the authors-it pays off as entrepreneurs watch their fledgling businesses take graceful flight. This book is a treasure chest that provides key insights and methods in the form of real-life stories, humor, strategies, techniques, exercises, checklists, templates, and other resources. Each illustrates in a unique way how good leaders achieve powerful results. Many books on leadership are gimmicky. The Entrepreneur's Guide to Successful Leadership focuses-in clear, simple, and direct terms-on the essential fundamentals, the blocking and tackling, required for business success.
- Author BiographyDan Goldberg is a trainer, coach, keynote speaker, entrepreneur, and marketer. Founder and former owner of the For Eyes optical chain, he has been featured in Newsweek, Business Week, Investor's Business Daily, and many other publications. He is Adjunct Professor at the Fox School of Business, Temple University Director and Senior Fellow at the Institute for Effective Leadership, and President of Dan Goldberg Consulting, L.L.C. Don Martin is a trainer, mentor, business developer and master salesman. He founded Learning Resources Technical Training, Inc., and PICE, Inc. He is Program Manager of Learning Resources for the Kutztown Small Business Development Center in Pennsylvania, and a Director and Senior Fellow at the Institute for Effective Leadership.
- Author(s)Dan Goldberg,Don Martin
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Notefigures
- Weight408 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.