All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironment of Man is the eighth of the Croom Helm series of mo- graphs on Biology and the Environment. The first volume, by this author, was a straightforward review of the principles of ecology as applied to the history of the earth. The second volume by J.L. Cloudesley-Thompson applied ecological principles to terrestrial habitats, and was followed by two volumes by C. F. Hickling and E. J. Ferguson-Wood on the ecology of aquatic habitats. The fifth volume, by Robert L. Snyder, reviews the natural ecological safeguards which control excessive growth of popUlation and discusses how these are operative in relation to the human race. Snyder's volume introduces man to the ecological scene and leads to the mograph by L. Harrison Matthews on the relationships of man with wildlife. In the seventh volume, Sir Cedric Stanton Hicks introduces us to the effects of agriculture on the ecology of the earth.
- Author(s)Richard Nathaniel T-W-Fiennes
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/1978
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight212 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.