All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe Essence of Analgesia and Analgesics is an invaluable practical resource for clinicians giving pain relief in any clinical setting, describing the pharmacologic principles and clinical use of all available pain medications. As well as detailed overviews of pain processing and analgesic theory, sections are dedicated to oral and panteral opioid analgesics, neuraxial opioids, NSAIDs, local anesthetics, anticonvulsant type analgesics, NMDA antagonists, alpha adrenergic analgesics, antidepressant analgesics, muscle relaxants, adjuvant medications, and new and emerging analgesics. The concise format of the chapters allows for quick and easy reading and assimilation of information. Enhanced by summary tables and figures, each chapter provides an overview of a particular drug, covering chemical structure, mode of activity, indications, contraindications, common doses and uses, advantages and disadvantages, and drug related adverse events. Key references are also provided. Edited by leading experts in pain management, this is essential reading for any clinician involved in pain management.
- Author BiographyRaymond S. Sinatra is Professor of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA. Jonathan S. Jahr is Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology at the David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles. J. Michael Watkins-Pitchford is Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note205 b/w illus. 95 tables
- Weight1170 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byJ. Michael Watkins-Pitchford,Jonathan S. Jahr,Raymond S. Sinatra
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.