All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the face of global financial problems and stressed government budgets, the ability of private philanthropy to step in and help solve public problems - and support vital private institutions as well - has never been more important. But how can dors be sure their contributions will be effective? And how can fundraisers make their case for support in a way that is compelling and productive? With The Essence of Strategic Giving , Peter Frumkin distills the lessons of his comprehensive, award-winning study, Strategic Giving, into a concise, practical guide for everyone involved in private philanthropy, from dors to managers of nprofits to fundraisers. He defines five critical challenges that all dors must address if their philanthropy is to amount to more than indiscriminate charity, including being aware of the time frame that guides a gift, specifying the intended impact being pursued, and recognizing how a donation fits with a dor's own identity and style. Ackwledging and understanding these fundamental, strategic aspects of giving, Frumkin argues, will help ensure philanthropy that more effectively achieves its aims - and at the same time builds a lasting relationship between dors and the institutions they support. As the next generation of dors wrestles with the challenge of effectively distributing what Andrew Carnegie called 'surplus wealth', Frumkin's road map will be an indispensable resource for years to come.
- Author BiographyPeter Frumkin is professor of public affairs at the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs and director of the RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service, both at the University of Texas at Austin. He is the author of On Being Nonprofit and Strategic Giving and coauthor of Serving Country and Community.
- Author(s)Peter Frumkin
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note11 line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.