All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAngus Watson's Essential Gaelic-English and English-Gaelic dictionaries are well-established as the leading dictionaries of the Gaelic language. This combined dictionary is ideal for learners of Gaelic at all levels, and its generous coverage of vocabulary from fields such as business and IT makes it a valuable tool for all those who require an up-to-date reference work. It contains a large amount of explanatory material, numerous examples of usage and idiomatic phrases and expressions. Many registers and styles are sampled, from the familiar (and occasionally the vulgar) to the formal and the literary. Cross-references draw the user to related words and expressions, and Scots equivalents are provided for a number of headwords.
- Author BiographyAngus Watson graduated in Gaelic from Aberdeen University and is a published writer of Gaelic short stories. He has recently completed a PhD at St Andrews University and currently lives in France.
- Author(s)Angus Watson
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- LanguageEnglish & Gaelic
- SubjectBilingual Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Weight975 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine48 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.