All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Essential Flexible Bronchoscopist is comprised of six multiple choice question/answer self-learning modules (186 total questions and answers) dedicated to flexible bronchoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure used to examine the larynx, tracheal and bronchial tree. Each module also contains numerous a list of module-specific competency-based learning objectives and a ten question post-test addressing fundamentals of flexible bronchoscopy. This vel text and well-illustrated contains information pertaining to topics such as anatomy and airway abrmalities, patient preparation, indications, contraindications and complications, techniques and solutions to technical problems, lung cancer and infections, bronchoalveolar lavage, lung biopsy techniques, therapeutic and interventional bronchoscopy, anesthesia and medications, equipment and its maintenance, infection control, images of specific airway disease abrmalities, as well as bronchoscopy history and education. The Essential Flexible Bronchoscopist provides educators, program directors, medical practitioners, and physicians in-training with an in-depth, readily accessible and readable competency-oriented tool that enhances progress along the learning curve from vice to competent practitioner. Since the first edition of this volume, The Essential Flexible Bronchoscopist has been translated into thirteen languages, and is recognized around the world as an essential training resource in pulmonary/critical care medicine and interventional pulmology.
- Author BiographyHenri Colt M.D. is an internationally recognized physician expert, leadership coach, award-winning medical educator and ethicist. In addition to his lectures, academic achievements, leadership positions in professional medical societies, and travels to more than one hundred countries, he has published numerous articles and book chapters on all aspects of interventional pulmonology. Results of his research in medical education, competency-oriented processes and procedures pertaining to bronchoscopy and other areas of pulmonary medicine are published in leading medical journals and textbooks. Colt has also served as a consultant to several large universities, governmental organizations, and national medical societies. A visionary, original thinker, Professor Colt is admired for tirelessly developing novel ways to improve or simplify complex concepts. His team of certified and master instructors from Bronchoscopy International (Foundation for the Advancement of Medicine) conduct faculty development programs around the world, in partnership with the World Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology and other major regional and international medical specialty associations. When he is not traveling, teaching, writing, or studying feature films that might be used in medical education, Colt's passions include dancing tango, mountaineering, and watching the sunrise in the wilderness near his California home.
- Author(s)Henri Colt
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.59Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.