All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.04
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $32.82
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.41
- AU $42.00Trending at AU $42.81
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.96
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.22
- AU $48.73Trending at AU $50.83
About this product
- DescriptionThe spicy, succulent seafood of Goa is as famous as the golden beaches and lush landscape of this premier tourist destination of India. Traditionally, the Goan staple was fish curry and rice, but under Portuguese influence there developed a distinctive cuisine that combined the flavours of Indian and European cooking with local ingredients being used to approximate the authentic Portuguese taste. So fish and meat pies were baked with slit green chillies, assado or roast was cooked with cinnamon and peppercorns, pao or bread was fermented with toddy, and the famous baked bol was made with coconut and semolina. This invated, largely n-vegetarian cuisine, was offset by the traditional and less sumptuous vegetarian creations from the Konkan coastland, rich with coconut and spice. This cookbook showcases an entire range of Goan food, with special attention to fish, prawn, pork and chicken.
- Author(s)Maria Teresa Menezes
- PublisherPenguin Books India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2000
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPenguin Books India
- Height200 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.