The Essential Guide for Educating Beginning English Learners by Debbie E. Zacarian, Judie Haynes (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $55.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPut all English learners on the path to success-right from the start! Beginning English learners are at risk of being lost in a system that doesn't kw how to reach them. With more and more ELs entering. schools every year, educators need to act quickly to create school- and classroom-based programs that work. Veteran educators Debbie Zacarian and Judie Haynes provide templates and tools-along with vignettes illustrating real-world challenges-to help teachers and administrators: Learn strategies for teaching beginning level ELs across the curriculum Create a welcoming environment for English learners and their families who are unfamiliar with the American education system Reach out to students from literacy and n-literacy-oriented homes Engage parents to become a part of the school community Develop instructional models for students with limited or interrupted formal education (SLIFE) Build sensitive practices for students who have experienced trauma The Essential Guide for Educating Beginning English Learners provides a realistic and comprehensive framework for effectively reaching and teaching this growing population.
- Author BiographyDebbie Zacarian is known for her work in advancing student engagement and achievement. Her explanations of current research into practical instructional, leadership, family-school engagement, and strength-based teacher evaluation systems are widely practiced. An expert in policies and practices, Dr. Zacarian provides professional development, strategic planning and policy work with school districts and state agencies. She served as a consultant for the Massachusetts Parent Information Resource Center and Federation for Children with Special Needs. For over a decade, Dr. Zacarian served on the faculty of University of Massachusetts-Amherst. She was also the founding director of the Center for English Language Education and Academic Achievement at the Collaborative for Educational Services where she led and provided professional development for thousands of educators and wrote policies for many urban, suburban and rural districts. She was also the founding director of the Amherst Public Schools bilingual and English learner programming where she and the district received many local, state and national honors. Her professional books include: * In It Together: How student, family and community partnerships advance engagement and achievement in diverse classrooms (with Michael Silverstone) * Mastering Academic Language: A Framework for Supporting Student Achievement * Transforming Schools for English learners: A Comprehensive Framework for School Leaders * The Essential Guide for Educating Beginning English Learners (with Judie Haynes) * Teaching English Language Learners Across the Content Areas (with Judie Haynes) In addition, CorwinTeachALL, a planning, observation, and evaluation mobile app tool for teachers, coaches, and supervisors was created in partnership with Dr. Zacarian. Bring Debbie Zacarian to you! Debbie is available for workshops, keynotes, and consulting services. Click to learn more about her workshops: Unleashing the Power of Academic Language Transforming Practice Using Research-Based Data Tools Transformational Leadership and Supervision Practices for Educators of English Learners Supporting Success for Beginning English Language Learners For a recording of Debbie Zacarian's webinar, Unleashing the Power of Academic Language, please click here: http://www.corwin.com/learning/zacarian.html Judie Haynes is a freelance professional development provider and teacher with 28 years' experience in teaching English as a second language. She has published six books, including Getting Started With English Language Learners (ASCD, 2007) and Teaching English Language Learners Across the Content Areas (ASCD, 2010). Judie also contributed chapters to Integrating the ESL Standards Into Classroom Practice, Grades K-2 (TESOL, 2000) and Authenticity in Language Classroom and Beyond (TESOL, 2010). She was also a columnist for TESOL's Essential Teacher. Judie is the editor and owner of everythingESL.net, a website for teachers of English learners. She is cofounder and moderator of #ELLCHAT, an online chat for teachers of English learners. She provides keynote addresses and workshops to TESOL affiliates and school districts all over the United States.
- Author(s)Debbie E. Zacarian,Judie Haynes
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.