All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Essential Guide to Classroom Practice has been written with two questions in mind. These are the questions that are most important to all practitioners who seek to improve the quality of learning in their classrooms - what strategies work? and, how do we implement them? Covering all the areas that are key to effective teaching and learning, this text consists of over 200 practical strategies that secondary teachers can adopt and apply within their classroom. These strategies range from simple tools to improve the quality of questioning, to principles that can shape the whole approach to learning. Key topics covered include: * The five-part lesson plan * Developing thinking skills * How to engage learners * Encouraging collaborative learning * Challenging and supporting * Feedback and assessment A key feature of this book is the handy collection of 'Top 10s' that appear in each chapter, such as 10 ways to use data in the classroom and 10 ways to streamline your marking. The book clearly explains the benefit of each approach described and offers additional guidance on using websites and digital tools effectively in the classroom. Packed full of ideas, the book offers a one stop shop for busy teachers.
- Author BiographyAndrew Redfern is Assistant Head Teacher at Sheffield High School, UK with responsibility for teaching and learning. He is also a Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) and a senior examiner for Edexcel.
- Author(s)Andrew Redfern
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note70 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 70 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.