Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete introduction to the basic and intermediate concepts of image processing from the leading people in the field. There is a CD-ROM that contains 70 highly interactive demonstration programs with user friendly interfaces to provide a visual presentation of the concepts. This title features up-to-date content, including statistical modeling of natural, anistropic diffusion, image quality and the latest developments in JPEG 2000. This comprehensive and state-of-the art approach to image processing gives engineers and students a thorough introduction, and includes full coverage of key applications: image watermarking, fingerprint recognition, face recognition and iris recognition and medical imaging. To help learn the concepts and techniques, the book contains a CD-ROM of 70 highly interactive visual demonstrations. Key algorithms and their implementation details are included, along with the latest developments in the standards. 'This book combines basic image processing techniques with some of the most advanced procedures. Introductory chapters dedicated to general principles are presented alongside detailed application-orientated ones. As a result it is suitably adapted for different classes of readers, ranging from Master to PhD students and beyond' - Prof. Jean-Philippe Thiran, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland. 'Al Bovik's compendium proceeds systematically from fundamentals to today's research frontiers. Professor Bovik, himself a highly respected leader in the field, has invited an all-star team of contributors. Students, researchers, and practitioners of image processing alike should benefit from the Essential Guide' - Prof. Bernd Girod, Stanford University, USA. 'This book is informative, easy to read with plenty of examples, and allows great flexibility in tailoring a course on image processing or analysis' - Prof. Pamela Cosman, University of California, San Diego, USA. This is a complete and modern introduction to the basic and intermediate concepts of image processing - edited and written by the leading people in the field. This is an essential reference for all types of engineers working on image processing applications.
- Author BiographyAl Bovik is the General Dynamics Endowed Fellow and Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin, where he is the Associate Director of the Center for Vision and Image Sciences. He has published nearly 300 techincal articles in the general area of image and video processing and holds two U.S. patents. Dr. Bovik is a recipient of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Meritorious Service Award (1998), and is a two-time Honorable Mention winner of the international Pattern Recognition Society Award. He is a fellow of the IEEE, is the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, serves on many other boards and panels, and was the Founding General Chairman of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, which was first held in Austin, Texas in 1994.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication08/07/2009
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 310 illustrations
- Weight1801 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byAlan C. Bovik
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.