All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you living or working with someone who has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)? Perhaps it's your partner or child; a parent, close friend or work colleague? Diagsed as often as diabetes, the condition can lead both sufferers and those around them to feel isolated. However, you are t alone. This practical guide enables families, carers and friends to provide invaluable support for those with OCD. It aims to inform those living alongside OCD about the condition and to provide clear and compassionate strategies for them. With this new understanding, readers will feel better able to cope better with OCD manifestations. Commonly-experienced emotions such as bewilderment, frustration and sadness will gradually subside. The Essential guide to OCD includes interviews with those at the rock-face: relatives, friends and colleagues of those with OCD. The latest medical advances and effective treatments, such as CBT, are also explored with insight from mental health professionals.
- Author BiographyHelen Poskitt is a published ex-freelance journalist, poet and author. She has received favourable responses from both OCD sufferers and mental health professionals to her written work relating to OCD. Her chapter '69 Ways to Beat OCD' was published in September 2011, in the anthology Taking Control of OCD (published by Constable Robinson) ed. by Dr David Veale and Rob Wilson.
- Author(s)Helen Poskitt
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleEssential Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.