All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnnabel Dodd is a maestro when it comes to demystifying even the most complex telecommunications policies. She takes on the range of issues in the telecom world that shape how we learn, share information, conduct business, and enjoy entertainment. It's an illuminating, accessible account that provides a much-needed primer for anyone interested in communications policy. -Congressman Edward J. Markey, Ranking Member Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade and Consumer Protection Annabel Dodd's book is a clear guide and big picture view of techlogies and industries. It is an up-to-date guide for anyone who wants to be familiar with important invations and key techlogies. This is truly an industry bible for mobile, Internet, and networking services. -Hiawatha Bray, techlogy reporter, Boston Globe A Completely Revised Bestseller with an Updated Industry Overview and New Coverage of Mobile Networks, LTE, Spectrum, Cloud Computing, and More! The #1 Telecom Guide for Businesspeople and Nontechnical Professionals, Fully Updated for Cloud Services, Social Media, and Advanced Mobile Networks Completely updated for the newest trends and techlogies, The Essential Guide to Telecommunications, Fifth Edition, is the world's top-selling ntechnical guide to today's fast-changing telecommunications industry. More than 170,000 copies of previous editions are in print, and this indispensible resource has been translated into nine languages. Writing in plain language, Dodd demystifies today's most significant techlogies, standards, and architectures. She introduces the industry-leading providers worldwide, explains where they fit in a fast-changing marketplace, and presents their key strategies. Coverage includes *Assessing the massive business and technical implications of the cloud computing revolution*How traffic from ubiquitous tools like Skype, Facebook, and smartphones are transforming networks*Understanding recent radical changes in data centers*How mobile carriers are balancing performance and cost in timing 4G upgrades*How new concerns about regulation, security, and privacy are reshaping the industry This indispensable guide provides everything you need to kw about telecommunications w-whether you're a salesperson, marketer, investor, or customer.
- Author BiographyAnnabel Z. Dodd is an adjunct faculty member at Northeastern University's School of Professional Studies where she teaches courses on wireless mobile services and data communications in the master's degree program in informatics. She was previously an adjunct professor in the master of science program in technology management at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, where she taught in a joint program with The Institute of Industrial Policy Studies, Seoul, South Korea. In addition, the Fundacion de la Innovacion Bankinter selected her to participate in their Future Trends Forum in Madrid in 2004, 2005, and 2007. Formerly in marketing at New England Telephone (now Verizon) and then communications and telecommunications manager at Dennison Manufacturing Company (now Avery Dennison), she consults with major corporations and institutions and gives seminars to organizations worldwide. The Massachusetts Network Communications Council honored her as the Professor of the Year 2000. Since its first edition in 1997, The Essential Guide to Telecommunications has been translated into nine languages worldwide. More information can be found at her website, doddontheline.com.
- Author(s)Annabel Z. Dodd
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/06/2012
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight798 g
- Width180 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.