All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHere, Ilan Stavans, one of the foremost Lati scholars, collects his best essays into one volume. As a Mexican Jew whose native languages are Yiddish and Spanish, Stavans writes in English to limn the tensions, contradictions, and possibilities within the compex tion of a multi-cultural identity.
- Author BiographyIlan Stavans is Professor of Spanish at Amherst College. And internationally respected scholar and essayist, he is the author or editor of over twenty books on Latino life in the United States, including Growing up Latino: Memoirs and Stories and The Hispanic Conditions: Reflections on Culture and Identity in America. Forthcoming books from Stavans include Latino USA: A Cartoon History; The Norton Anthology of Latino Literature, and The Sounds of Spangish. He is also editor-in-chief of Hopscotch: A Cultural Review, published by Duke University Press.
- Author(s)Ilan Stavans
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 colour illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.