All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with detailed artworks of SS tanks and their markings with exhaustive captions and specifications, The Essential Vehicle Identification Guide: Waffen-SS Divisions 1939-45 is the definitive study of the equipment and organisation of Himmler's armoured divisions. Organised chrologically by division and formation date, the book describes in depth the various models of tank and other armoured and soft vehicles in service with the'fighting' SS, with listings of unit commanders, vehicle types and numbers and unit structure. Each divisional section is further broken down by campaign, accompanied by orders of battle, a brief divisional history of the campaign and any specific unit markings. Every SS division that saw combat is featured, from well-kwn units such as the elite Das Reich and Wiking divisions, to lesser-kwn divisions, such as the 11th Waffen SS Panzer Division Nordland and the Albanian-recruited 21st Waffen SS Gebirgs-Division Skanderbeg.With information boxes accompanying the full-colour artworks, all drawn to the same scale for easy comparison, this is a key reference guide for modellers and military history enthusiasts with an interest in the Waffen SS divisions of World War II. About the Author Chris Bishop is an established military historian who has written and contributed to numerous military publications over the last 25 years. He is the author of The Essential Tank Identification Guide: Wehrmacht Panzer Divisions, 1939-45 and The Essential Aircraft Identification Guide: Luftwaffe Squadrons, 1939-45.
- Author BiographyGeneral editor Chris Bishop was the editor of the Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II, and author of German Campaigns of World War II, The Rise of Hitler's Third Reich, SS: Hitler's Foreign Divisions and The Military Atlas of World War II, among many other military history titles.
- Author(s)Chris Bishop
- PublisherAmber Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmber Books Ltd
- Content Note250 artworks and 40 photographs
- Weight798 g
- Width189 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine78 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.