All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKnud Ejler Logstrup's The Ethical Demand is the most original influential Danish contribution to moral philosophy in this century. this is the first time that the complete text has been available in English translation. Originally published in 1956, it has again become the subject of widespread interest in Europe, w read in the context of the whole of Logstrup's work. The Ethical Demand marks a break t only with utilitarianism and with Kantianism but also with Kierkegaard's Christian existentialism and with all forms of subjectivism. Yet Logstrup's project is t destructive. Rather, it is a presentation of an alternative understanding of interpersonal life. The ethical demand presupposes that all interaction between human beings involves a basic trust. Its content cant be derived from any rule. For Logstrup, there is t Christian morality and secular morality. There is only human morality.
- Author BiographyKnud Ejler Logstrup (1905-1981) was professor of ethics and philosophy of religion at the University of Aarhus until his retirement in 1975. He is the author of numerous books in Danish. English translations of central texts from other ethical works by Logstrup are available in Beyond the Ethical Demand (University of Notre Dame Press, 2007).
- Author(s)Knud Ejler Logstrup
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication28/02/1997
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byHans Fink,Alasdair MacIntyre
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.