All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributions in this volume suggest that the ethics project in legal education is increasingly an international one. Even though the strength of commitment by both the profession and the legal academy to ethics learning within law schools varies, two fundamental questions confront all who work in this area. First, what is it that we want our students to learn (or, perhaps, in what manner do we want our students to develop) from the teaching of legal ethics ? Second, how can we create a learning environment that will encourage the nature and quality of learning we think is important? All the contributors to this volume take a strong stand on the importance of ethical legal practice and the role of law schools in developing students' capacities in this area. They share a belief in the essential need to encourage law students to engage with the moral dimensions of legal practice. The questions that these scholars grapple with are therefore t of the should we be teaching this? variety, but how might we best to go about doing this, so that our efforts within law schools really make some difference? Each of the chapters in this volume adds uniquely to our understanding of these matters.
- Author BiographyMichael Robertson is Professor and Head of the School of Law at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. Lillian Corbin is Acting Head of Griffith Law School at Griffith University, Australia. Kieran Tranter is a Senior Lecturer and Managing Editor of the Griffith Law Review at Griffith University, Australia. Francesca Bartlett is a Lecturer at the TC Beirne School of Law, The University of Queensland, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byFrancesca Bartlett,Kieran Tranter,Lillian Corbin,Michael Robertson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.