All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades w, researchers in the social sciences and humanities have been expressing a deep dissatisfaction with the process of research-ethics review in academia. Continuing the ongoing critique of ethics review begun in Will C. van den Hoonaard's Walking the Tightrope and The Seduction of Ethics, The Ethics Rupture offers both an account of the system's failings and a series of proposals on how to ensure that social research is ethical, rather than merely compliant with institutional requirements. Containing twenty-five essays written by leading experts from around the world in various disciplines, The Ethics Rupture is a landmark study of the problems caused by our current research-ethics system and the ways in which scholars are seeking solutions.
- Author BiographyWill C. van den Hoonaard is a professor emeritus in the Department of Sociology at the University of New Brunswick. Ann Hamilton holds a PhD in human communication from the University of Oklahoma.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note1 figure
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnn Hamilton,Will C. van den Hoonaard
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.