Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how ethical principles and concepts apply to global environmental problems This fully updated and expanded textbook gives you new reflections on global environmental issues. It looks at issues including climate change, sustainable development and biodiversity preservation, and sensitively addresses global developments such as the Summits at Durban on climate and at Nagoya on biodiversity. Robin Attfield gives an ethical critique of current international environmental problems and negotiations, and explains how international regimes will need to change to be able to cope with global environmental problems.
- Author BiographyRobin Attfield is Professor of Philosophy at Cardiff University, where he has taught philosophy since 1968. He has also served as Visiting Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Ife, Nigeria (1972-3), Inter-University Council Visiting Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Nairobi, Kenya, 1975, and National Research Council (Republic of South Africa) Visiting Research Fellow (July/August 1999). Robin is the author of God and The Secular: A Philosophical Assessment of Secular Reasoning from Bacon to Kant (1978 and 1993), The Ethics of Environmental Concern (1983 and 1991), A Theory of Value and Obligation (1987), Environmental Philosophy: Principles and Prospects (1994), Value, Obligationand Meta-Ethics (1995), The Ethics of the Global Environment (1999), Environmental Ethics: An Overview for the Twenty-First Century (2003 and 2014), Creation, Evolution and Meaning (2006), and Ethics: An Overview (2012). He is the editor of The Ethics of the Environment (2008) and joint editor of Values, Conflict and the Environment (1989 and 1996), International Justice and the Third World (1992), and Philosophy and the Natural Environment (1994).
- Author(s)Professor of Philosophy Robin Attfield
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.