All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLaunched in March 2010 by the European Commission, the Europe 2020 strategy aims to achieve smart, sustainable, and inclusive growth. The engines for this growth are Kwledge and invation Greener and more efficient use of resources Higher employment combined with social and territorial cohesion This CEPS report takes an in-depth look at this major initiative and finds that the strategy itself needs to be revised in several important respects. First, the authors believe, R & D spending per se is t the best indicator of invativeness; a new measure, intangible capital, would be more appropriate. Second, while increasing the share of the workforce with a university degree is important for competitiveness and employment, it is the quality of that education that matters more than the quantity. The study also finds that employment targets would be better reached by a skills upgrade among women who have the least education. Concerning climate change, the authors conclude that unless the EU increases the level of its ambition and adds a carbon import tariff, reduction targets for greenhouse gas emissions are likely to have a negligible impact on global climate change. Finally and more generally, the report argues that the 2020 strategy should ackwledge the importance of institutional efficiency at the national level.
- Author BiographyDaniel Gros is director of CEPS, Brussels. Felix Roth is a research fellow at CEPS, Brussels and editor of Intereconomics .
- Author(s)Daniel Gros,Felix Roth
- PublisherCentre for European Policy Studies
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBrussels
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintCentre for European Policy Studies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight249 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.