All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe never-ending crisis that started in 2008 and the techcratic and fiscal measures demanded by the Troika have aggravated the EU's so-called democratic deficit more than ever before. In this essay the principal theoretical and practical dimensions of this phemen at the levels of institution, procedure and social legitimacy are set out and developed. With this in mind, the dysfunctions in the architecture of the institutions, the elite, complex and opaque mechanisms in decision-making and, most importantly, the growing critical estrangement of many citizens reveals that poor democratic quality of the EU constitutes its principal and most serious political problem. To empirically illustrate this debate, Rodriguez-Aguilera evaluates the positions and proposals of the parties in the six most populous countries that have addressed this issue through a comparative analysis of their political programmes.
- Author BiographyCesareo Rodriguez-Aguilera de Prat is Professor of Political Science at the University of Barcelona. Author of a wide selection of works dedicated to comparative politics and political theory, his current research is centred on political parties and European integration.
- Author(s)Cesareo Rodriguez-Aguilera de Prat
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication04/06/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2016
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note15
- Weight240 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.