All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe European M::metary System (EMS) is perhaps the only success story of the Common Market since the First Enlargement. Its success, particul- arly where the comnercial use of the ECU is concerned, has taken rrost experts by surprise. So much so, that when the author tried to recommend to his students a suitable and substantial work of study and/or reference about the experience of the EMS and its possible future evolution --- book could be found. Thus, the author set out to write the present work. The author's aim is t to give a historical account of the EHS. Rather, the intention is to place the experience in a major historical context wherein the System is seen an important transitional phase on the road to the implementation of a full ecomic and rronetary union (EMU) * When examining the earlier plans for an EMU which saw the light of day between 1969 and 1970 (already so long ago!) clear reasons emerge why the original six founder Member States of the EEC should have found it logical to embark upon the road to an El'1U - p=vided the political will to do so existed . Thus, they had become highly integrated and were conducting half their trade with each other. Then, there was the desire to integrate still further ---- eventually leading (perhaps) to a political union.
- Author BiographyPeter Coffey, a British national was until recently, Head of the Economics section at the Europa Instituut, University of Amsterdam. Presently he is Holder of the recently created U.S. West Chair at the Graduate School at the College of St. Thomas, Minnesota, USA. He has published many works on European and international economic and monetary problems. Professor Coffey, who speaks seven languages, has lectured in most countries of the EC, as well as in many other parts of the world.
- Author(s)P. Coffey
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.