All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTopical and timely, this book offers an ecomically informed constitutional analysis on European responses to the crisis. It discusses the longer-term proposals on the table including rescue measures and stability mechanisms, as well as the tightening of European ecomic governance. The authors see the European constitution as a multidimensional and multi-temporal process of constitutionalisation. They examine how the crisis has catapulted the ecomic constitution back to the 'pacemaker' position from where it determines developments in the political and social dimensions. However, w the key role is t played by the constitution of 'microecomics', focusing on free movement and competition law, but the constitution of 'macroecomics', introduced in Maastricht.
- Author BiographyKaarlo Tuori is Professor of Jurisprudence and Academy Professor at the University of Helsinki. He is also Vice President of the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe and serves as a consulting expert on the Constitutional Law Committee at the Finnish Parliament. Klaus Tuori is a researcher of EU constitutional law at Helsinki University. He has worked extensively within the financial market sector, focusing on asset management and sovereign debt markets. Between 1997 and 2000, he worked as a monetary policy economist at the European Central Bank designing the framework of the common monetary policy.
- Author(s)Kaarlo Tuori,Klaus Tuori
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in European Law and Policy
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus.
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.