All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearch on European governance is central to understanding both the process of European integration and its external influence as a laboratory for multilateralism. This volume focuses on the impact of the recent Eurozone crisis and its far-reaching implications for European governance both inside and outside the EU borders. Ideal for classroom use, this volume covers: I. European modes of governance: concepts, recent trends and international implications with chapters by Lefkofridi & Schmitter, Cini, Borrs and Radaelli. II. The transformation of European ecomic governance with contributions by Fabbrini, Stoffaes, Collign, Eising, Rasch and Rozbicka. III. The transformation of European social policy governance with Goetschy, Hemerijck, de la Porte and Heins. IV. The international implications of the transformation of EU governance highlighted by Rodrigues, Xiarchogianpoulou and Mugge.
- Author BiographyMaria Joao Rodrigues was elected Member of the European Parliament in 2014 and was then elected by this Group as its Vice-Chair, in charge of Economic and Social Policies and working with the Committees of Social Affairs, Economic Affairs, Internal Market, Education and Gender issues. She was Professor of European Economic Policies at the Institute for European Studies, Universite Libre de Bruxelles (IEE-ULB) and the Lisbon University Institute (ISCTE-IUL). She was minister of employment in Portugal and developed a European career since then. Known as the 'mother of the Lisbon Strategy', she has been special adviser to the European Commission, several EU Presidencies and national governments. By chairing several EU high-level groups and preparing European Council meetings over the last fifteen years, she has been involved in the design and implementation of several EU policies: the strategy for growth and jobs and the economic and social policies, the Lisbon Treaty negotiation, the Erasmus Programme and the New Skills for New Jobs Initiative, the strategic partnerships with China, Brazil, South Africa and USA and more recently, the Eurozone crisis. She was the chair of the Advisory Group for socio-economic sciences in the European Commission in charge of preparing the 7th Framework Research Programme, has many publications including ten books and delivered many conferences in and outside Europe. She is also Member of the Advisory Board of the European Policy Centre (Brussels) and of the Governing Board of Notre Europe (Paris). Maria holds three Master's degrees and a PhD in economics from the University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne, as well as a Degree in Sociology from the University of Lisbon. Among several national awards, she got Legion d'Honneur at Officier grade in France. Eleni Xiarchogiannopoulou is a post-doctoral research fellow at the Institute for European Studies, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium. Previously she worked at the European Institute, London School of Economics. Her current research focuses on social conditionality in EU's external trade policy and the EU/ILO relations in the area of flexicurity.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleGlobalisation, Europe, Multilateralism Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 12 b&w illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEleni Xiarchogiannopoulou,Professor Maria Joao Rodrigues
- Series Edited byProfessor Mario Telo
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.