The Evaluation Interview: How to Probe Deeply, Get Candid Answers and Predict the Performance of Job Candidates by Richard A. Fear, Robert J. Chiron (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains interviewing techniques for building rapport, keeping control, and listening behind the words to hear what a candidate is really saying. The Evaluation Interview has been the essential interviewer's guidebook for more than 40 years. Its hands-on techniques and interviewing insights are rewned for helping hiring managers and personnel interviewers put applicants at ease and reveal their true character. This revised and updated fifth edition, is tailored to the realities of interviewing applicant's in today's workplace with new material covering: tactical interviewing strategies; how to ask 'behavioral' questions that leave interviewees wiggle room Legal issues; questions you cant ask in an interview; overall 'fit'; and evaluating candidates for how well they fit into your organization's culture and strategic priorities.Praise for previous editions of The Evaluation Interview : 'Stands out above the rest...Should be in the library of every organization and owned personally by every personnel interviewer' - Personnel Psychology . 'The definitive work in its field...This book lays down a technique used by thousands of personnel interviewers across the country' - Esquire . 'People, in the final analysis, determine whether a business succeeds or fails. Organizations need to hire people with potential for growth. That is what this book is all about' - From Chapter 1.For four decades, The Evaluation Interview has set the standard for conducting accurate employment interviews, learning what makes prospective hires tick, and hiring only those people who will contribute to a company's growth as they grow along with it. This fifth edition updates the book, yet keeps intact the basic principles and guidelines that have made this human resources classic the most valuable and indispensable interviewer's guide on the market.Managers and HR professionals will gain essential information on: tips for developing rapport and encouraging the candidate to talk spontaneously; guidelines for crafting a detailed and accurate job description; key character traits for job levels - from administrative to executive; writing the interview summary and determining the overall interview result; and, using interviews to assist in succession planning, teambuilding, and other vital tasks.' Wherever they are faced with situations that require drawing ather person out, finding out what is on that person's mind and analyzing the responses, students of this book have a genuine advantage' - From the Preface. More than just the actual employment interview, The Evaluation Interview is helpful in conducting numerous other day-to-day activities. The book includes on-campus interviews, on-the-job performance appraisals, information gathering from contractors, subordinates, and even superiors. The interviewing skills learned here can be applied to virtually any one-to-one situation, and will often spell the difference between evasive, selective responses and full disclosure. The Evaluation Interview has retained its popularity for nearly two generations by combining fundamentally sound interviewing techniques with lively writing and up-to-the-minute behavioral research. It remains the essential guide for posing meaningful questions, gaining honest and complete answers, and getting the information you need to build a cohesive, dedicated, and long-term workforce.
- Author BiographyRichard Fear is a leading expert in the field of interviewing. A licensed industrial psychologist, past vice president of The Psychological Corporation, and faculty member emeritus of Columbia University, Fear has trained thousands of interviewers in the U.S. and abroad. Robert Chiron, Ph.D., is president of Chiron Group--a consulting firm specializing in creating alignment and unleashing potential in organizations--whose clients range from small businesses to Fortune 100 corporations. He formerly taught at the University of Iowa and Columbia University.
- Author(s)Richard A. Fear,Robert J. Chiron
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.