All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at academics, academic managers and administrators, professionals in scientometrics, information scientists and science policy makers at all levels. This book reviews the principles, methods and indicators of scientometric evaluation of information processes in science and assessment of the publication activity of individuals, teams, institutes and countries. It provides scientists, science officers, librarians and students with basic and advanced kwledge on evaluative scientometrics. Especially great stress is laid on the methods applicable in practice and on the clarification of quantitative aspects of impact of scientific publications measured by citation indicators.
- Author BiographyDr. Peter Vinkler is Scientific Secretary of the Chemical Research Center, Budapest and Director of the Scientific Publication Data Centre of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. He worked as Head of the Biocomplex Research Department of the Chemical Research Center for several years. He has published extensively on scientometrics and information science, primarily on the indicators used for the evaluation of publication activities of individuals and teams. He serves as Associate Editor of Scientometrics and regularly reviews publications also for the Journal of Informetrics and Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. In 2009 he was awarded the Derek de Solla Price Medal for his outstanding contributions to the field of quantitative studies of science.
- Author(s)Peter Vinkler
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication20/01/2010
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleChandos Learning and Teaching Series
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.