All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I have been thinking I might go berserk.' When Claire, a priest, survives an atrocity she sets out on a quest to answer the most difficult question of all: 'Why?' It's a journey that takes her to the edge of reason, science, politics and faith. David Greig's daring new play explores our destructive desire to fathom the unfathomable and asks how far forgiveness can stretch in the face of brutality. The Events was commissioned and first produced by Actors Touring Company in co-production with the Young Vic Theatre, Schauspielhaus Wein and Brageteatret. It premiered at the Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh, in August 2013.
- Author BiographyDavid Greig was born in Edinburgh. His plays include Europe, The Architect, The Speculator, The Cosmonaut's Last Message to the Woman He Once Loved in the Former Soviet Union, Outlying Islands, San Diego, Pyrenees, The American Pilot, Yellow Moon: The Ballad of Leila and Lee, Damascus, Midsummer [a play with songs], Dunsinane, The Monster in the Hall and The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart. In 1990 he co-founded Suspect Culture to produce collaborative, experimental theatre work. His translations and adaptations include Camus's Caligula, Euripides' The Bacchae, Strindberg's Creditors and J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan.
- Author(s)David Greig
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight82 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.