All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionObserve someone without being observed. Dig up long-buried dirt. Catch a cheating spouse. The Everything Private Investigation Book shows you the basic research techniques and tricks the pros use. You'll learn how to get background information using a wide range of sources, including newspapers, court records, military files, and even the DMV. Written by experienced investigators, this guide helps you to: * Use the Internet to get information on anyone and anything* Conduct background checks for prospective employees or tenants* Uncover hidden identities and assets* Manage a physical or electronic surveillance* Protect privacy and avoid identity theft Whether you're a journalist, an amateur genealogist, a business owner, a landlord, or just curious, you'll find essential information in this guide. In addition to being a valuable resource, The Everything Private Investigation Book is also a fascinating read. Even armchair detectives will enjoy reading about famous real-life and fictional PIs and the little-kwn secrets professionals use to crack the case. Sheila L. Stephens was the first female Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) special agent in the state of Alabama and one of the first in the nation. She recently graduated from Boston University with a master's degree in criminal justice. After leaving the ATF due to injury, Ms. Stephens opened a private investigation/security business. She is a criminal justice professor at Andrew Jackson University and a contributing writer and associate editor of The Agent, the newsletter of the National Association of Federal Agents (NAFA). Ms. Stephens lives in Bessemer, AL.
- Author BiographySheila L. Stephens (Bessemer,AL) was the first female Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) special agent in the state of Alabama, and one of the first in the nation. After leaving the ATF due to injury she opened a private investigation/security business. She is also a criminal justice professor at Andrew Jackson University.
- Author(s)Sheila L. Stephens
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleEverything
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight698 g
- Width203 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.