The Evil Axis of Finance: The US-China-Japan Stranglehold on the Global Future by Richard Westra (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Westra's The Evil Axis of Finance fills in pages left blank in the flurry of meltdown writings with a highly accessible account of the insidious forces at work in the global ecomy. Westra explains, why, despite the existence of a raft of potential international investment outlets, a major share of global wealth and savings is still impelled toward the highly dubious Wall Street-centred casi; why an increasingly gaping chasm has opened up between ever bloating global financial activities and the real world ecomy of production and trade; why wealthy governments' injection of trillions of dollars into stumbling financial sectors across the globe is failing to create decent new jobs; and why, netheless, this remains the preferred solution. He exposes the destructive systemic conditions that make it possible for the US and Wall Street to play a central role in international ecomic affairs when the US has the world's largest national debt, a gaping trade deficit, an ongoing capital account deficit, an exploding budget deficit, and personal savings hovering near zero. The story Westra tells of international ecomic depredation and humanity's stolen future is truly chilling. From its Wall Street command centre, and funded by Japan and China, the United States ensnares the world's states and people in a sinister, rigged, zero-sum game. This game, played for the narrowest of ends and to the benefit of an international cohort of uber-rich, traps humanity in a twilight zone of long decay, with its major players intent on preventing a more equitable international order from emerging from the detritus. We igre the arguments of The Evil Axis of Finance at our peril!
- Author BiographyRichard Westra 's teaching has taken him around the world including Queen's University and Royal Military College, Canada, the International Study Centre, in East Sussex, College of The Bahamas, Nassau and Pukyong National University, South Korea. He has been a Visiting Research Fellow at Focus on the Global South/Chulalongkorn University Social Research Institute, Bangkok, Thailand. Currently he is Designated Associate Professor of Political Science, Graduate School of Law, Nagoya University, Japan. His work has been published in numerous international academic journals. He has authored and edited ten books including Political Economy and Globalization, Routledge, 2009 and Confronting Global Neoliberalism: Third World Resistance and Development Strategies, Clarity Press, 2010.
- Author(s)Richard Westra
- PublisherClarity Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationAtlanta, GA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarity Press
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.