The Evolution of Counseling Psychology by Springer Publishing Co Inc (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $142.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 19 Mar
- AU $35.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides a clear and readable history of the development of the psychological thought in the field of counselling psychology. The author traces the origins of counselling psychology in the Guidance Movement and the influence of humanitarian concerns from the Progressive Era. Professionalization of the field is described as is the long search for professional identity and the influence of the burgeoning practice of psychotherapy. The seminal ideas of the four great traditions that have shaped the field are described: the trait and factor tradition, the developmental tradition, the humanistic tradition, and the behavioural tradition. Managed Care, diversity and gender issues and their impact on the profession today are addressed, making this volume an ideal text and overview of the field for students, as well as psychologists intending to work as counsellors.
- Author BiographyDonald H. Blocher, PhD, is a professor emertitus of counseling psychology at the State University of New York at Albany. Dr. Blocher received his PhD in counseling psychology at the University of Minnesota. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and a past president of the Division of Counseling Psychology. Dr. Blocher has served on the faculties of the University of Minnesota and the University of Western Ontario as well as at the University at Albany. He was also a Fulbright Professor at the University of Keele in the United Kingdom. He has been a visiting lecturer at a number of universities in the United States and aboard. Dr. Blocher is the author of a number of books including Developmental Counseling , now in its 4th edition, and has contributed numerous book chapters and journal articles to the counseling literature. Dr. Blocher has taught history in the public schools, served as a school counselor and school psychologist, and was an Intelligence Officer in the United States Air Force. He is currently engaged in writing and consulting.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2000
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteportraits
- Weight686 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.